Thursday, April 28, 2011

Luke (Part 1) Baby Food

Two weeks ago Luke turned 6 months old. He's reached the age when baby food is introduced and he is so happy we did. On his birthday we had him try sweet potato for the first time. At first he didn't know what to think of it but now he enjoys them and has developed a taste for other foods that are now his favorites. Each morning he begins with rice cereal and apples, for a snack he will eat a couple of spoonfuls of pureed bananas, and for lunch and dinner sweet potato and pears. He's still mastering the ability to swallow after each spoonful and I am sure he will master it well just like his two older brothers did.
He is reaching every milestone at the speed of lighting and it's flashing right before my eyes. I want time to slow down. I want to see Luke taking his time growing up. I look back at pictures of Luke as an infant and I can't honestly believe that my baby is half way to his first birthday. Why? Well, I know I can get a bit sentimental but who can blame me? I have three boys under the age of five and they are growing like weeds. Will is turning six this year and starting kindergarten and Jack will turn three in 5 weeks and 3 days. Even though, I never have time to relax, unless it's 11 o'clock at night(and that's called sleeping). I absolutely love staying at home and spending time with their little faces every hour of my day.







On his birthday he took a usual morning nap.



After an hour he wakes up with this handsome smile.He gets floor time with big brothers Will and Jack.He always goes for their face! ha ha hasitting on his bumbo waiting for a very anticipated lunch...





Luke's first time trying sweet potatoes... (and why does it look like I'm stuffing his face!)


geesh, sorry Luke :/



umm...not a fan, just yet!


a few days later...



Luke smiling after a few bites of pureed pears. We found a Winner!

1 comment:

Angie said...

So cute! I love the pictures of Luke! He is so precious!