Friday, November 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Adam!

Today we celebrated Daddy's birthday. As soon as he got home from work, Will rushed to greet him with a big happy birthday hug. Soon after that, Jack joined them and handed out their cards that they had made for him. The boys had been looking forward to this day and it finally arrived, with lots of cake and ice cream! We had Nana, Papa, Aunt Angie and Aunt Amy join us and we celebrated just the way Adam wanted. Mexican food style, followed by some Mint Chocolate Chip Cake. Adam, hope this day was as special to you, as you are to me and our boys. I love you honey!



Jack showing some determination and YES, we probably had toddler spit on our cake (-:



Just like the old days. You & Me babe



Like the wrapping paper? Ah, YES!


Adam received wonderful gifts from everyone. Thank you guys (-:
My Luke is 3 Weeks Old

On Wednesday our baby turned 3 weeks. Wow! that's hard to believe. He had a well baby check-up on Tuesday and is now weighing 9 lbs 1.9 ounces. He's grown 1 inch and is right on pace with the charts. I am continuing to breast feed, although, now I do supplement twice a day. I stay so busy and often left wondering, if only there were more hours in a day? how much more would I accomplish? So, I do as much as I can, reminding myself that I need balance in just about everything that I do. Spending time with my boys, taking care of Luke and having quite time with Adam, fit all in one day. Then I have the house chores, well, I'll just say this, I'm often up folding clothes until midnight, so I haven't been able to master this one yet. In the midst of all my chaos, I have found peace and happiness.

1 comment:

Cacey said...

Love the pics, thanks for posting these Maartje! I wish we had been there, especially for that cake, yum! Tell Adam we said Happy Birthday! Matthew tried to call but couldn't get ahold of him.

You look fabulous btw!