Friday, July 15, 2011

Well Baby

Yesterday was Luke's 9 month well baby check up. The nurses and doctors are always amazed and often mention how sweet and cheerful he always seems to be. In fact, his nurse made the comment that out of all the children she sees (including my other two boys) she never sees Luke upset, grumpy or simply frightened. The more I thought of it the more I realized that she was right. Luke rarely cries and when he does, it is usually when he is hungry or simply tired. I suppose I got an an easy and happy baby after all ;) I also want to mention that he was given 5 shots yesterday!(not so happy about that)
Of course he cried, and I would have too if I was stabbed 5 times with those awful needles! I wish they didn't have to give that many shots to a baby or child at one time. I wouldn't mind if I had to be back to the doctor every couple of weeks just to space them out. Now his legs are swollen and painful. Poor baby. Now back to Luke...
My little chunk is now weighing 23 lbs and measuring 29 3/4 inches tall. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? What a Ham! Yes. He loves to eat, especially his mommy's milk! still!

1 comment:

Jelly said...

You can ask for an alternate shot schedule and they'll do half at the actual check up and the other half a month later (at no additional charge, it's just a quick nurses visit). The girls have never had more than 3 shots at once. Lily's 15 month check up was yesterday (at 15.5 months old) and she was 30 inches and 17 lbs 14 oz - they are almost the same length! He is a very, very cute happy baby! Keep up the nursing - it is soooo good for him! The AAP recommends at least one year and the WHO recommends at least two years! :)