Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sweet Luke...

is 2 weeks old today.




Several days after he was born, he developed jaundice and has visited the doctor twice in these past two weeks. Praise God that his jaundice level is lower and he appears less yellow these days. He is back to his birth weight and I'm hoping that by now he's gained a little more. Lately, I have been feeling insecure about breastfeeding. I blame it on the fact that he seems hungrier every 1 to 2 hours, as if is not filling enough. I rather be stubborn and refuse to quit, though I have days when I wish to turn to formula for a much easier day. Oh, I know, I have a six month breastfeeding goal to meet and its way to early to feel discouraged. On a different note, Luke can lift up his head and seems to be focusing on his mommy's face a little longer. Like I mentioned in my last post, Luke remains a wonderful baby. Very complacent, laid back, rarely ever cries and absolutely loves, loves to cuddle. I'm already used to this and will definitely miss it when he gets older and stays awake for longer. Adam and I feel overwhelmingly happy and joyful. Despite the lack of rest, the change feels sweet and perfect.

2 comments:

Jelly said...

He is just perfect! I am so happy for all of you and can't wait to meet him!

And Maartje, we are all insecure about breastfeeding, so you are in good company. It is one of the biggest leaps of faith (in my humble opinion). If you ever need some support, please call me or send me an email. Remember that you are giving him the best, and while it's always hard at first, it will get easier. Grace nursed every hour for several months. Lily nursed every 2 hours for a few months. Because it's so much more than just food for them (comfort, pain relief, etc), some times it seems like they are always hungry. :)

Cacey said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO cute! I absolutely love his little booties and monogrammed bedding! Very nice.

Hang in there with the breastfeeding, you're doing a wonderful job already!