Monday, June 21, 2010

Ouch!


So, this is how my poor baby woke up yesterday after a fun day in the pool at Nana's. (I will post pictures of our Father's Day celebration soon:)

You gotta LOVE mosquito's!!! arghh!!

I took Will to an after hours pediatrics close to our home and he was given an anti-histamine, and antibiotic. The Doctor said the eye itself looks good and we just need to keep an eye on it. We have an appointment with his pediatrician later today for a follow up. As many of you know, Will has always had a reaction to insect bites. This is why I always carry bug spray with me everywhere I go. Unfortunately, this mosquito got a bit closer to his eye, and left him shamelessly this way. Hopefully today, his Doctor will look into this and give us a reason why his body reacts this way to bites. Anyway, ending on a sweet note, this is what Will says to me after we saw the Doctor,


"Mommy, I love looking like a tough boy".

So glad he likes it!:-)

2 comments:

Jelly said...

Bless his heart. I, too, am allergic to mosquitos... if you go back to last summer in our blog, you will see a very similar pic of me when a skeeter bit me on my temple and my eye swelled up. It lasted a few weeks before it went down to normal. It's not fun, but it doesn't hurt too bad. Jeff still laughs about it. :-)

Jan said...

William, seeing your little eye makes Nana so sad. I never thought that bite would get that bad. Nana would like to kiss it and make it all better. So thankful your mom took you to the doctor. If you need our help, Maartjie, please let me know.
Love,
Nana