Saturday, June 14, 2008

Jack Has Arrived




On Thursday, June 5th, 2008 we welcomed our second son into our family. Jack Steven Hopper was born eight pounds, eight ounces. He has a head full of dark hair and blue eyes. I think his eyes will change to brown after a few months, but Maartje is hoping they stay blue. Maartje is doing fine, by the way. She went through the entire process with no pain killers of any kind. She came through like a real champ! Will was was very excited to meet his brand new brother. We've talked about Jack for so long with him, I don't know if he ever really expected him to arrive. Jack is just over a week old now, and doing fine. He lost a little of his birth weight, but he's already gained that back, and then some. We're hoping that the sleepness nights will end in a month or so. That may be wishful thinking. I start back to work tomorrow, so it's about to get a little more intense for Maartje. Thankfully her mother will be staying with us for the next week to help her out while I'm away.
-Adam

4 comments:

Jan said...

Thank you for the blog!!! It is fun to check and see all the current 'happenings'. Jack is a beautiful baby, and we welcome him with all our love. It is going to be so fun to see He and William as they grow up together. We sure do love all of you!
Mom

Joseph said...

Congratulations, guys! And no pain killers? Way to go, Maartje! My mom sent me the link to your blog. I'm not that good at blog posting or blog reading, but I'll put you on my list of blogs to keep an eye on. Maybe I'll even post something new on our blog one of these days... :)

Beth Watt said...

Congrates guys! I cant wait to see him! Martje, you look beautiful!

ruth harlow said...

I love your pictures! I agree with Beth. :)